As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
A flexible / hybrid schedule will be offered for this role.
The Lease Accounting Supervisor is responsible for accounting and administration in the lease area, which includes supervision of up to two lease clerks. This individual will be responsible for understanding leases, reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, lease payment schedules as well as compiling various lease reports to review information for accuracy and reasonableness. They will also provide support to controllers, plant accountants, and corporate finance staff related to lease accounting research and guidance.
- Technical expert for lease accounting and administration for the entire company.
- Provide technical interpretation of the new lease accounting standard (ASC-842) to ensure internal and external financial reporting results for lease accounting are complete and accurate.
- Maintain and oversee the lease accounting department consisting of up to two clerks. This includes direct supervision of daily activities, review of work and proper training.
- Responsible for maintaining lease accounting system, including reports and interfaces used by location controllers and staff accountants.
- Review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations related to leases.
- Actively participate in the period, quarter, and year-end accounting close through review of financial statements, variance analysis, and documentation of findings.
- Develop relationships with other business areas to remain informed on leases.
- Provide support to the Purchasing and Tax departments by meeting various reporting requests.
- Compile lease schedules and support for external auditors during quarter and fiscal year-ends.
- Help ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures.
- Various other routine and non-routine functions as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance.
- 5 or more years’ experience in an accounting environment, preferably working with leases.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong financial and business analysis skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to network and build relationships with individuals of various experience and corporate levels both within and outside of the company.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to multiple audiences and purposes.
- Strong working knowledge of PC applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to create alternative solutions and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Previous experience working in a team environment preferred, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing among co-workers.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.