As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking applicants for an Accounting Associate in our Jackson, AL facility.
- Post, validate and process accounts payable transactions including the preparation of batch payment.
- Audit time & material invoices for accuracy and compliance.
- Assist in the preparations of month-end closings of the financials for the plant.
- Provide general administrative support including electronic and physical file organization and retrieval, copying material and conducting electronic or fax correspondence as needed.
- Provide support for the processing of weekly hourly payroll.
- Provide support for containerboard billing functions along with various other billing functions for the mill.
- Complete other duties at the discretion of management.
- Must be willing to use the tools available for continuous improvement.
- High School diploma or equivalency, some vocational or technical training preferred.
- Minimum of three years related work experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Requires strong computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel), analytical and decision-making skills, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate, present ideas and information with management at all levels.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.