As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking applicants for an Accounting Associate in our International Falls, MN Paper Mill. The International Falls facility is a White Paper Mill owned by Packaging Corporation of America.
The Accounting Associate is responsible for maintaining all accounting records and producing timely reports, analysis, and statements in accordance with company policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Post, validate, and process accounts payable transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end closing of the financials for the mill.
- Post entries accurately and completely to the general ledger and verify and balance general ledger accounts.
- Maintain accounting files and backup documentation in accordance with PCA’s record keeping policies.
- Provide general administrative support including electronic and physical file organization and retrieval, copying material, and conducting electronic or fax correspondence as needed.
- Respond to corporate requests and cyclical filings in accordance with the Controller’s direction. Maintain follow- up system to ensure timely submission of requirements.
- Know and follow policies and procedures of the company, share information that would benefit other members of the team, and find ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
The Accounting Associate is expected to proactively develop and maintain effective working relationships with mill employees and management to achieve objectives and complete job responsibilities. Externally, this individual may interact with customers and vendors.
- Associate degree required; in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- One (1) year previous work experience in a business office/accounting function with exposure to general ledger, payroll, and/or accounts payable functions preferred.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing sector, containerboard, and corrugated packaging industry preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Office preferably with exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Experience with computer software that handles accounts payable and general ledger preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to handle detail-oriented tasks and review multiple documents and reports.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Strong appreciation for the retention and management of confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Strong listening, evaluating, and organizational skills.
- Able to work flexible hours or overtime as needed.
- Previous work experience as a member of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing between team members.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.