As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
- Support mill through use of established electrical maintenance, reliability and engineering best practices and processes
- Building electrical maintenance strategies and execution plans that will continually improve the electrical reliability of operations and provide a more competitive position in key operating parameters such as safety, environmental, product quality, productivity, and cost.
- Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting and or problem solving activities and electrical repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Lead electrical maintenance resources, initiatives, and strategic plans and be accountable for performance of electrical systems and assets.
- Perform research, design and development of electrical maintenance processes, including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Support bottom line profit and loss improvement in all areas by analyzing electrical maintenance processes for cost reduction, quality, and efficiency improvement
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products and processes, including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Monitor sites and procedures to confirm that all operations are in compliance with corporate regulations.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and direct assigned engineering projects to a successful completion
- Conduct assessment of or respond to electrical process improvement requests.
- Collect data resulting from investigations and perform / obtain analyses up-date. Provide report with recommendations and conclusions.
- Ensure production crew and management has adequate training in regards to assigned projected and equipment knows and follows policies and procedures of the company shares information that would benefit of the members of the team and finds ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university
Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment
- Actively seeking applicants at University of LA at Lafayette, Louisiana Tech, McNeese State University, Auburn University, Mississippi State University, Lamar University, and Louisiana State University.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.