As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
Responsible for providing process optimization and engineering support for the Mill, which will include but is not limited to the following, compliance process coordination, lean projects, quality and product safety, and analytical systems support.
- Entry level engineering graduate.
- Apply engineering principles and procedures to the design and implementation of assigned engineering projects.
- Will include the design, installation, and start-up of projects that are being executed.
- Project implementation will require the direct supervision of Mill trades personnel and/or contractors.Conducts data analysis projects and uses data to make business decisions.
- Assignments may include some work at higher levels for training and development purposes.
- Successful candidate should have knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical required.
- Applicants must have 0-3 years of experience in Project Engineering or production in the paper industry.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Auto Cad, and Project.
- Pulp and Paper Industry experience preferred.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within time constraints.
- Must be able to multi-task and build sound relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Must exhibit excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and computer skills.
- Must be capable of independently making sound decisions through creative problem-solving.
- Must be capable of working with ambiguity and change.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.