As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
Position Summary: Provides environmental management support to Paper, Containerboard and Transportation locations for PCA’s Corporate Environmental Department. Position provides environmental regulatory support, conducts environmental training, conducts environmental audits, develops best practices, and conducts due diligence, among other activities, to assure regulatory compliance at PCA’s manufacturing operations.
- Provide detailed regulatory review, guidance and implementation assistance for new and revised environmental regulations that impact operating locations.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of applicable federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations.
- Must have professional appearance, conduct, communication and problem-solving skills for high-level agency interactions and decision-making.
- Develop and share best practices guidelines throughout the operating locations using audit follow-up task management opportunities, roundtables, and cross-functional training opportunities.
- Coordinate the finalization and legal review of audit reports and the report reviews with Counsel and Environmental Director.
- Provide auditing tools and training resources (e.g., auditing packets and checklists to operations for inspections of hazardous waste/universal waste, stormwater, used oil disposal/recycling, air, wastewater treatment, Tier 2 reporting, air compliance, etc.)
- Assist with due diligence investigations as they relate to the conduct of property transactions, or merger and acquisitions.
- Prepare application materials for obtaining air, water, wastewater and solid waste permits and facility modification approvals.
- Know and follow policies and procedures of the company, share information that would benefit other members of the team and find ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
- Strive to continually strengthen PCA’s business philosophy of meeting needs and exceeding expectation for customers specifically supporting PCA’s Commitment to Service which involves doing what’s right for our customers, focusing on strategies that add value and support growth, and keeping the promises that we make.
Position works at a high level within the Corporate Environmental Department and is responsible for providing decision-making guidance to Sr. PCA Executives and Directors.
Position interacts and works closely with Senior Environmental Director, Corporate Legal, Regional EH&S Managers and environmental & operational staff located at paper mills and corrugated box plants.
- Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience working in manufacturing operations. Fluency in safe work practices, environmental compliance, and auditing. Experienced in agency interfacing.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.