As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
Due to an upcoming retirement, the Tomahawk Mill is seeking resumes for a promotable Accounting Supervisor.
- Supervise a clerical accounting staff of 5.
- Ensure compliance with all PCA financial policies and GAAP.
- Maintain and implement improvements to internal controls.
- Provide information to internal and external auditors.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting.
- Oversee reporting for property taxes, sales and use tax and 1099’s.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Develop, record and review monthly journal entries.
- Complete and review balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain hourly pay rates in the local time and attendance system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting and/or a manufacturing environment.
- CPA/CMA preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Must possess effective communication skills.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.