As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking resumes for a Fork Lift Operator in our New Oxford, Pennsylvania facility on 2nd shift
- Operate and care of forklift in a safe manner.
- Follow existing SOPs to receive incoming materials from vendors, customers, UPS.
- Work on the production take-off track: use RF system to scan and load or scan and put away product.
- Maintain neat, orderly, and safe stacks of stock in storage areas.
- Complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate location of stock in storage area by paperwork and computer.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Complete and document a forklift inspection form before start of shift and when operating a new forklift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED
- Frequently sit on forklift, step up and down off forklift, turn, pivot, and use/reach with arm to pull levers and scan using RF system.
- Qualified to properly operate a Forklift.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime on short notice, both during the week and weekends.
- Must be able to work in manufacturing environment, with varying temperatures based on season, around machinery, and heavy forklift traffic.
- Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain PCA certified forklift license.
- Ability to communicate using a 2-way walkie-talkies.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience operating a forklift.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Ability to work within a team, effectively communicating with members.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.