• Facilitate the efficient operation of the Shipping Department by loading and unloading trailers as directed.
• Operate a forklift in a safe and competent manner.
• Accurately load trailers with the use of load planning forms.
• Accurately check and bill out trailers of finished material using tally sheets and a scanning/computer system.
• Maintain a high level of safety, quality, productivity, and count accuracy of finished units.
• Maintain neat, orderly and safe stacks of finished units and other materials.
• Receive and inspect incoming product and supplies.
• 6+ month’s prior experience operating a forklift.
• Ability to obtain and maintain PCA certified forklift license.
• Ability to get up and down from forklift frequently.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
• Ability and willingness to work any shift, overtime hours and weekends as needed.
• Ability to work in a non-air-conditioned facility.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, such as schedules and orders.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time and perform tasks that involve lifting, bending, stooping.
• Must have an excellent attendance record.
• Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to work within a team and effectively communicate with others.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.