The primary function of the IT – Co-op student will be to support computer users and develop and implement a wide range of computer system solutions. This position is part of the Information Technology Systems department. This person will interface with internal and external end users to support and maintain end-user computing needs.
- Assist with help desk tasks: basic end-user support, deal with any Information Technology related issues – hardware, software, printers, mobile devices, and network.
- Assist with building and deploying computers - Prepare computers, including setting up new computers, clearing data off previously used computers and preparing them for use by another user.
- Assist with network documentation – labeling physical network taps and create drawing and documentation.
- Assist in documenting issues and fixes.
- Inventory and document IT equipment.
- Lifting and transporting of equipment of various weight.
- Clean workstations of malicious software, such as viruses, spyware, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Attend full time at the following schools: Michigan Tech, Ferris State, Grand Valley State
- Junior or senior working on BS Degree in Computer related field.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Display working knowledge of desktops, laptops, tablets and printers.
- Understanding of VLAN concepts and configuration.
- Familiarity with traffic capture techniques and software.
- Understanding of DHCP, ARP, VRRP. Telnet and SSH protocols.
The successful candidate must possess the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong basic keyboarding and editing skills with an understanding in Windows Operating Systems.
- Strong organizational skills to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively and independently in a fast paced, multitasking environment
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks for efficiency and completeness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.