As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking resumes for Co-op at our Jackson, AL facility
This will be a learning and development position at the Jackson mill. As a co-op/intern with PCA, the selected individual will work closely with all members of the department by participating in process improvement projects. The individual will be assigned project work including: process optimization and studies, process safety evaluations, data analysis, capital project scope and justification, and other process related projects.
- Coordinate projects during design and construction.
- Assist with software and hardware checkout on new systems and control strategies.
- Build and implement equipment maintenance databases.
- Perform data collection and analysis for production optimization.
- Work with engineers, maintenance, consultants, contractors, vendors, and operations.
- Coordinate inspection programs for tanks and pressure vessels.
- Work on special projects to optimize chemical usage in the pulping process.
- Automate data collection and reporting for production benchmarks.
- The successful candidate is currently attending college in their sophomore year pursing a degree in mechanical, electrical, chemical, or paper science engineering.
- Exhibit excellent communication, analytical, computer skills, and have 3.0/4.0 GPA.
- The selected individual should be proficient in MS word, excel, and power point. Also, the selected individual will be required to interface with department staff and hourly personal and must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and be able to work on projects and interpret results with little oversight.
- Any previous industrial exposure is of benefit.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.