As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
PCA’s Internal Audit department is hiring an IT Audit Intern for Summer 2024 at our headquarters in Lake Forest, IL. This is a hybrid position, working remotely with some onsite attendance required for projects and events.
Internal Audit is responsible for risk and control assessment, high-impact special projects, and improving management’s processes/controls on a company-wide basis. A key objective of the Internal Audit department is to develop high-potential individuals who desire to move into key positions within the company.
- Testing Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs), IT Automated Controls (ITACs), and key management reports (IPE)
- Assist with developing and performing data analytics for IT audit requirements, fraud prevention, and supporting special projects
- Participating in technology operational audits related to security, business continuity, and industrial control networks
- Following audit procedures and reviewing audit evidence
- Preparing work papers using industry-leading audit management software
- Identifying, developing, and documenting issues and recommendations
- Communicating the results of projects to management via oral presentations and written reports
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with audit customers
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be a student currently enrolled and in good standing at an accredited College/University majoring in Information Systems, Information Technology, Data Analytics, Accounting, Finance, Business, or other applicable major and have completed sophomore year
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0 is required
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis
- Ability and willingness to travel on audit assignments (minimal)
Abilities & Skills:
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Motivated and intellectually curious
- Candidate must display maturity and a high level of professionalism to interact with audit customers up to the VP level
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.