As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
The Learning and Development Specialist will assist in the development and delivery of training programs, with an emphasis on leadership, that improve and enhance employees’ performance and support and advance their education and development. The learning and development programs will be fully aligned with the overall organizational objectives and delivered in an effective, well structured, informative, and interactive way.
Pay and Benefits:
- Salary range is $ 60000 - $ 90000 / year
- 401K with Retirement Savings Program
- 11 paid holidays
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision
- Educational Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Design and create training programs and course materials under the direction of the Director, Organizational Development-Container Division
- Deliver training programs to the target audience and ensure training materials are current and updated.
- Use training tools or training delivery mechanisms, based on the material being taught and the audience being targeted.
- Document employee attendance or performance at mandatory training sessions.
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops, and other trainings.
- Perform administrative tasks as requested by the Director, Organizational Development-Container Division, including facilities arrangements.
- Maintain program data for analysis and provide reports on the status of training completions, effectiveness, and other operational metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with subject matter experts to define key content areas.
- Present ideas effectively, delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Conduct remote training using the appropriate technology.
- Travel to PCA locations as needed to conduct training.
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Know and follow policies and procedures of the company, share information that would benefit other members of the team and find ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
- Strive to continually strengthen PCA’s business philosophy of meeting needs and exceeding expectation for customers specifically supporting PCA’s Commitment to Service which involves doing what’s right for our customers, focusing on strategies that add value and support growth, and keeping the promises that we make.
- Education equivalent to a bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Development, or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years previous work experience in Learning and Development.
- 2 plus years of manufacturing industry experience
- Knowledge of training and development practices and methods, continue curriculum development including the design, revisions, and implementation of instructional materials for a variety of technical and ownership skills.
- Ability to facilitate learning through a combination of online, classroom, hands on, virtual and on-the-job training.
- Strong presentation, group facilitation, and public speaking skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, confidence in influencing, consulting, and partnering with various audiences.
- Proficient in computer systems including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Ability to create alternative solutions to meet deadlines.
- Previous work experience as a member of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing among colleagues.
- Must be independent and able to manage time with little to no direction.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Must be able to travel and possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Up to 50% travel is required.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.