As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
The Maintenance Manager plans, estimates and schedules preventative and corrective maintenance of plant equipment, machinery, and service systems to increase uptime and minimize unscheduled downtime. This position supervises maintenance, mechanical, and electrical staff and includes planning and scheduling maintenance work responsibilities.
PAY & BENEFITS:
- Salary Range $85,000 to $120,000 depending on technical certifications, Maintenance Manager Experience and Box Plant Maintenance Experience.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Establish and assign routine maintenance schedules and coordinate machine downtime.
- Maintain inventory of parts and supplies with a focus on cost controls.
- Schedule work, coordinate production activities, provide direct oversight of employees.
- Ensure predictive and preventive maintenance programs are accomplished and repairs are completed.
- Establish and maintain maintenance budgets.
- Recommend capital improvements including assisting the design and installation of new equipment.
- Ensure maintenance crew understands and is able to troubleshoot all corrugator jobs and is fully trained on mechanical and electrical repairs, equipment use, adjustments, and unique situations.
- Maintain a clean, safe and injury-free work environment by ensuring health and safety procedures are understood and executed by all employees.
- Associates degree or completed certification in production maintenance.
- 5+ years’ previous experience in equipment and electrical maintenance.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Previous supervisory experience in coaching, training, teambuilding, performance development, and conflict resolution strongly preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing safety practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid analytical, mechanical, and mathematical skills.
- Solid working knowledge of electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Working knowledge of maintenance of corrugated and packaging equipment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems including shop floor software.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple projects and/or requests concurrently.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.