As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
- Learn to perform mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of manufacturing
- Learn to demonstrate knowledge on repair and maintain facility systems (HVAC, chiller, plumbing, compressed air, and humidification).
- Learn to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems and makes repairs as needed.
- Learn to performing basic welding, brazing, and cutting to fabricate items such as guardrails, brackets, and hangers.
- Perform basic handiwork such as replacing light bulbs, ballasts, water and air filters, servicing plumbing fixtures, cleaning drains. Maintains the interior and exterior of the building.
- Learn to operate machine tools such as lathes, grinders, drill presses, and
mills to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
- Learn to troubleshoot electrical problems. Perform inspections of and test fire alarms, pumps and sprinkler system.
- Learn to maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Supports various recycling programs such as light bulbs, batteries, and metals.
- Performs maintenance of electrical and electronic components of manufacturing equipment and of facility systems up to 480 volts.
- Learns to troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems including faulty electric and electronic components such as relays, sensors, switches, and motors.
- Assists facility technicians and machine repair technicians on projects.
- Perform facility repairs with minimal supervision.
- Perform plumbing repairs, run airlines.
- Learn to operate scissors lift and forklifts.
- Maintain inventories of items such as steel, machine parts, filters, and belts.
- Complete online training and other training as required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must acquire a working knowledge of various sensors, hand and small power tools, AC/DC motors, and of programming computers and PLCs during training period.
- Ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical/electrical skills test.
- Previous basic computer experience.
- Strong knowledge in the safe use of hand and small power tools.
Ability to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed, overtime may be excessive. Must be will to work any shift as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Strong listening, evaluating, and problem-solving skills. Ability to create alternative solutions and meet deadlines.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.