As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasingproductivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Assume active role in overall plant and facilities-related work.
- Position requires assisting all jobs on the plant floor.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Maintain shop and shop equipment per 5S Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to stack parts up to 30 lbs. for a period of up to 12 hours.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be willing to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other production personnel.
- Ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.