As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking resumes for a Purchasing Co-op at our DeRidder, LA facility
Interns or co-op positions at PCA have the opportunity to qualify for our tuition relief program. This program will assist students who are entering their senior year or their final semester in college by reimbursing them for their tuition (up to $20,000 for their final senior year or $10,000 for their final senior semester).
PCA also offers an educational assistance program for employees who have served for 6 months, and are looking to pursue an advanced degree to further their skills and qualifications. The program will reimburse the employee up to $12,000 a year for education expenses.
- Process purchase requisitions to create purchase orders
- Enter changes and ensure accuracy of the vendor management system
- Ensure accuracy, and compliance with accepted purchasing policies and principles
- Record and follow up on purchase order confirmations, validate insurance requirements, and ensure accuracy of store stock requirements.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Currently enrolled and majoring in a business, finance or supply chain management program
- Broad understanding of purchasing principles, theories, concepts, and practices
- Must be a student in good standing with the University
- The student will have either completed the freshman year or will have completed the freshman year when co-op begins
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Project
- Successful completion of drug screen required and authorization to work in the U.S.
The successful candidate must possess the following Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to be able to work well under pressure and within time constraints, multi-task, and build sound relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to exhibit excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and computer skills.
- Capable of independently making sound decisions through creative problem solving, ambiguity, and change.
- Effective communicator, verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Ability to read and understand technical correspondence, memos, instructions, and reports.
- Ability to apply skills to continuous process improvement while maintaining maximum levels of safety.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and abilities.
- Strong planning and follow up skills.
- Excellent people and process management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of plant and corporate personnel and with customers and vendors
Actively seeking applicants at University of LA at Lafayette, University of Louisiana at Monroe, Nichols State University, Louisiana Tech, McNeese State University, Lamar University, and Louisiana State University.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.