As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
The Risk Administrator is responsible to assist PCA drivers and Owner Operators as it relates to Commercial Motor Vehicle accidents, Workers Comp injuries, Leave claims and fuel tax reporting.
The Risk Administrator is responsible for protecting PCA assets as well as employees by helping provide direction after accidents to prevent or assist in litigation. Assesses and manages accident costs and helps determine cost settlement from other parties for damages to PCA assets. Works closely with insurance brokers to ensure proper coverage and rates are being offered and provided to the insured.
- Reconciles all insurance accounts and collections. Collects insurance premiums from contractors and confirms coverage with insurance carrier.
- Accident assistance: First in line to assist drivers by taking and documenting accident calls, reporting to appropriate management and managing Department of Transportation (DOT) accident logs. Works with legal and environmental on fuel spills.
- Accident Claims: Works with in-house and external vendors to collect funds for equipment damage.
- Workers Comp and Leave of Absence management: Assists hourly Trucking employees and works closely with PCA Benefits team and Human Resources to ensure completion and management of Short-Term Disability, Family Medical Leave and Workers Comp claims.
- International Fuel Tax Agreement: Works with fuel tax vendor and reports and files taxes with state jurisdictions.
- Safety: Creates and produces monthly safety agenda to distribute among all trucking terminal locations.
- Know and follow policies and procedures of the company, shares information that would benefit other members of the team and finds ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers
- Strive to continually strengthen PCA’s business philosophy of meeting needs and exceeding expectation for customers specifically supporting PCA’s Commitment to Service which involves doing what’s right for our customers, focusing on strategies that add value and support growth, and keeping the promises that we make
The Risk Administrator is responsible for making decisions to determine involvement of Trucking management as it pertains to driver accidents, accepts damage claim settlements and reports incidents to Boise Trucking outside insurance vendor.
Interactions with Customers and Contacts
The Risk Administrator works daily with drivers and owner operators in Commercial Motor Vehicle accident follow-up. Communicates with Load Planners and Terminal Managers for equipment movement. Weekly interaction with equipment adjusters, tow companies and Legal department.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years previous work experience or hands on in the field either in an operations function or in a corporate safety role.
- Prior responsibility for insurance claim administration and DOT regulations preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Origami, TMT and TMW software experience preferred. Strong ability to learn new software. Proficiency should be at an intermediate level with the ability to design and create presentations, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to walk employees through difficult situations as well as the ability to interact with individuals throughout the company and building relationships with vendors.
- Works independently and has strong listening and evaluating skills to make sound recommendations through problem-solving.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Must exhibit excellent written communication and attention to detail, customer service and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks with on-going changes to priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with on-going changes to priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within time constraints.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.