As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers.
People • Customers • Trust
People • Customers • Trust
At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
We are seeking resumes for a Sales Manager in our Seattle Area Plant.
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing, developing and growing our sales team through the application of total quality principles and an effective marketing strategy to assure full customer satisfaction and maximum plant profitability.
· Responsible for managing and directing the sales team and the design team.
· Develop and execute an annual marketing and sales strategy by market segment for the customer account business based on thorough competitor cost analysis, customer input, and market research.
· Oversee coordination with the Scheduling, Production, Customer Service, and Design departments on new product development and high profile projects.
· Actively involved in process Improvement, the development, implementation, and adherence of standard operating procedures, the development of personnel, monitoring on-time delivery, and other processes leading to continual improvement in customer satisfaction.
· Accountable for the finished goods inventory for the inventory accounts and other duties as assigned.
· College degree.
· 5-7 years of successful corrugated/sheet or related sales and/or managerial experience.
· Extensive knowledge of corrugated/sheet sales and knowledge of industry, package design, and product knowledge.
· Must possess the ability to influence and persuade others.
· Must have excellent organization and planning skills and be proficient in the use of automated spreadsheets and job-related software.
· Knowledge and experience in market analysis, cost estimating system, pricing, negotiation, and performance management and employee development techniques.
The successful candidate must possess the following Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
·Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network and build relationships with individuals of various experience and corporate levels both within and outside of the company.
· Strong negotiation and persuasion skills with the ability to create new business opportunities.
· Solid working knowledge of PC applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
· Strong listening, evaluating, and problem solving skills. Ability to create alternative solutions and meet deadlines.
· Strong leadership skills and experience leading a team preferred, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing among co-workers
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.