As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
- A focus on servicing National Account business.
- Satisfies existing customer needs and expands existing business by fostering and maintaining strong customer relationships throughout their organization.
- Coordinates with the design department on the customer’s behalf to improve existing design and develops new designs.
- Reviews opportunities and problems, and the efficiency of existing procedures with sales manager and recommends opportunities for improvements.
- Responsible for overall account management, which may include recordkeeping, credit applications, forecasts, budgets and credit collections from delinquent accounts.
- Strong emphasis on trouble shooting and problem solving while offering value added solutions to increase customer’s throughput and efficiencies.
- Will work alongside other sales reps with less extensive knowledge and be well versed in the area of automated packaging equipment.
- Strong communication skills to successfully convey customer’s needs to customer service and production.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3-5 years of experience in outside sales with a proven record of success.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Ability to work well under pressure, self-motivated, manage time well, and be committed to their individual and team’s success.
- Ability to use independent judgment in negotiating sales agreements and be able to exercise expertise with difficult or sensitive accounts.
- 3 years of experience in corrugated material or paper sales.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.