As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
This position will lead and participate in financial, SOX and integrated audits and involves working with other internal and external auditors and co-sourced contractors on assigned audits and projects. Will be assigned to audit more complex areas. Review organizational policies and procedures, provide recommendations on accuracy, adequacy and compliance with organizational guidelines and applicable laws. Ensure controls are adequately implemented and identifies areas of inaccuracy, inefficiency and cost improvement. Cooperate with external auditors to resolve discrepancies or assist in auditing functions. Will manage staff auditors or co-sourced audit contractors on projects.
Responsible for project and time management for all aspects of individual audits including execution and documentation. Other responsibilities to include:
- Serves as project lead or team member on financial, operational, compliance, and integrated audits at the corporate offices, paper mills and box plants
- Creates well organized and complete audit evidence and documentation in a manner consistent with department standards and to support conclusions reached
- Participates in or coordinates process and project level risk assessments to identify significant risks and the related controls
- Prepares process documentation, including flow charts and narratives
- Assists or leads the development of test steps designed to evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of identified controls
- Participates in department meetings by providing project updates and conducts training on selected topics
- Provides independent verification of compliance with statutory requirements and similar regulations including SOX.
- Prepares, reviews, and discusses written reports to all levels of management and recommends corrective actions in conjunction with project manager
- Drafts audit reports with the level of quality necessary for an executive audience
- Reviews process documentation and perform walkthroughs and test of controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
- Makes recommendations for systems operations and process improvement
- Communicates with client personnel from various departments and locations and participates in or leads project opening, status, and closing meetings
- Completes assigned audit project(s) in accordance with PCA’s Internal Audit methodology
- Provides supervision, guidance and training for staff auditors
- Possesses advanced accounting, auditing, and industry knowledge and increases knowledge by attending training and closely following technical literature, best practices, and industry trends
- Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy in all stakeholder interactions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience/Physical Functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, information systems or related area of specialization preferred
- Master’s Degree in business, accounting, information systems or related area of specialization preferred
Previous Work Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in internal auditing and/or public accounting
The above represent general responsibilities for the position. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.