As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
The Senior Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing superior service to customers. This includes responding to customer inquiries regarding product availability, pricing, freight rates, allocations, and delivery dates, receiving new orders, and monitoring status of current orders. Additionally, the Senior Customer Service Representative is responsible for resolving complaints and requests for billing adjustments. The Senior Customer Service Representative normally handles larger and more complicated customer accounts and orders.
- Receive, process, and track assigned orders through to scheduling. Consult with various internal departments to ensure order completeness, on-time delivery and accurate invoicing.
- Communicate significant information regarding customer accounts/orders to appropriate internal departments including ensuring Sales Representatives are informed of pertinent activity regarding individual accounts.
- Coordinate customer requests for product specifications, availability, shipping, quotations and estimates, samples.
- Serve as a link between the customer and the design, sales and production teams to meet customer requirements including scheduling production, securing delivery dates, addressing order changes, and resolving complaints.
- Maintain organized customer files.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints including billing issues and escalates to Manager or appropriate internal departments when needed.
- Manage on-hand inventory levels and reconciles to customer orders, forecasts and just in time schedules; this includes taking physical inventory at month end.
- May provide direction and support to other customer service representatives and/or provide back up to Customer Service Manager as needed.
- Education equivalent to high school diploma required.
- Five (5) years’ previous work experience in a customer service role with experience handling customer orders on an order entry system, and maintaining / building strong positive customer business relationships.
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Associates degree or college accounting coursework.
- Two (2) years’ previous work experience in the manufacturing sector, containerboard and corrugated packaging industry.
- Previous experience using an automated order entry system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- The ability to network and build relationships with individuals of various experience and corporate positions.
- Strong active listening and evaluating skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to handle detail oriented tasks and review multiple documents and reports.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to multiple audiences and purposes, and to effectively communicate with customers over the phone.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Previous experience working in a team environment preferred, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing among co-workers.
- Able to work flexible hours or overtime as needed.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.