As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking applicants for a Utility- Production in our Jackson, AL facility.
The Hourly Production Utility position is an entry level production position. Production Utility workers are responsible for performing multiple and varied tasks in the production environment as needed. General cleaning, machine operation, forklift operation and any other related production task as business demands.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime, as needed
- Must have at least 2 years paper mill/industrial manufacturing work experience or 2 years of study at an accredited college in a technical field (i.e., process operations, engineering) or 2 years of related military experience.
- Must be able to work in a hot, cold, humid, noisy, industrial environment with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks repetitively for extended periods of time (i.e., lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling), with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be willing to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Pulp & Paper industry experience preferred.
- Experience with safe work permitting (hot work, line breaking) and executing lockout activities (isolation, draining, deenergizing)
- Experience operating pumps, control valves, agitators, or reactor equipment
- Familiarity with lab equipment & procedures; pH measurement, conductivity measurement and titration.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel for data entry and document creation.
The successful candidate must possess the following Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to be able to work well under pressure and within time constraints, multi-task, and build sound relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to exhibit excellent communication, analytical, organizational and computer skills.
- Capable of independently making sound decisions through creative problem-solving, ambiguity and change
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously
- Ability to read and understand technical correspondence, memos, instructions, and reports.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.